18/08/2010

Best goal of WHBPC 2010?

During our first game on the knockout day of the WHBPC 2010 against The Odds (winners of NAHBPC 2010), Toddy scored one of the best goals I've ever seen...some say it was goal of the tournament.

The game was mid way through. The Odds had pulled themselves back to 2-2 after being 2-0 down. The ball had just gone behind our goal. I took it to the corner and created space in order to make a long cross court pass to Todd, who was racing up fast on the right wing. With that, Todd popped the fastest wheely to take the pass onto his right side. He then continued to dribble the ball down the center of the court at pace before calmly shooting it into the back of the net. The crowd went wild. It was such a fluid movement, from taking my pass to scoring the goal.

When asked what was going through his mind as he popped the front the wheel at such pace, Toddy just replied...

"I just needed the ball on my right side and my wheel was in the way, so I just got it out of the way"

Ha...no wheely, no goal!


-Mat

No comments: