11/01/2010

Todds Bike upgrades

I've been using a 22t White Industries freewheel for a couple of weeks now and have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I love playing fixed but feel I wasn't able to develop my game that much further. This has shaken things up. Everything feels different and I now have a lot to learn. I'm looking forward to more experience and pushing my polo game to another level. The freewheel itself is super solid and ticks very nicely.

Braking over this wet winter period has been a nightmare. Our league game against the Beards was in the wettest conditions I've ever been out in. Stopping wasn't easy but at least I was riding fixed wheel then. I've been toying with the idea of a v-brake adapter plate for a while and since going for a freewheel, knew I would need to sort something out.
This is a DNA adapter plate which is clamped to a metal piece (not provided with the plate) on the other side of the stays. Teamed up with some Swissstop Green pads, things have improved radically.

Ride On.

No comments: